The Human Touch Journal
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Welcome to the submissions page for The Human Touch 2020!
The Human Touch is an anthology of poetry, prose, photography, and visual arts from the Anschutz Medical Campus community at the University of Colorado.
Additional submission categories include music/audio, video/film, and graphic short story. We welcome a wide variety of creative art forms: music, spoken word/slam poetry, radio drama or journalism, stop-motion or whiteboard animation, film, comic art, and more!
All students, faculty, staff, and friends of the Anschutz Medical Campus are welcome to contribute.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us!
- Up to 3 works may be submitted by each author or artist.
- Each work must be submitted as a separate electronic file.
- If submitting a piece with multiple components (such as a poem or story with an accompanying photo), please specify in "Additional Instructions" whether you would allow publication of individual components or only the complete piece. Regardless of your preference, each component counts as a piece toward your maximum of 3.
- Poetry and prose submissions should not exceed 1,500 words.
- Accepted file formats include: .DOC, .DOCX and .ODT
- Photography, visual art, and graphic short story submissions must have a resolution of 300 dpi or higher.
- Accepted file formats include: .JPG and .TIFF
- Graphic short story submissions should not exceed 3 pages.
- The editorial board may publish some works only on the electronic version of The Human Touch, depending on our capacity for color print production.
- Music/audio and video/film submissions should not exceed 3 minutes.
- Accepted file formats include: .MP3 and .MP4
- All selected submissions will be published and displayed on the www.ucdenver.edu/TheHumanTouch website. (Music/audio and video/film submissions will, naturally, not be included in the print publication.)
- Previously published work will be considered, but a citation is required in order to recognize the original publication. Proper acknowledgement and citation is the author/artist's responsibility.
- Any work that is significantly edited or altered by The Human Touch will be returned to the author for approval prior to publication.
- No work will be accepted that compromises the privacy of patients or health care providers. Names and identifying characteristics or details should be altered prior to submission.